4/03/2015

Two schools

I have never before made my talk in front of a pupils in school. Today I have done two. One in the morning in the prestigious school and second in the afternoon in school for children from failed families. Guess, where I had more grateful audience?

In the first school only few groups were almost obligatory admitted and just two teachers came to listen. In the second there were many children of different age and many teachers attended even the director (who is my former student, actually).

After the first lecture most of the audience were in a harry to launch their android devices definitely not to post about the lecture on social media. After the second there were questions and discussion and we decided to continue. I made some talking on phone and three colleagues of mine from the  Academia agreed to deliver their lecture in that school either. Absolutely for free.

But what will happen in few years? Will children from both schools have equal access to higher education? Will they be judged by their abilities not by how much money their parents have?

Some time ago I would consider these questions to be ridiculous. The children from failed families had almost no chances, but now I would not.

Now I know that I can some how contribute to their success.

I  told them today that new free world is arising in the bloodsheds like here in Ukraine. People are on the streets everywhere around the globe. In New York and Cairo, Tunis and Istanbul, in Hong Kong and Tbilisi. We lived it through in Kyiv. And there will be more. Because you can't stop the idea when its time has come. And that idea is Freedom. And the time is Now.